♬ We need a hint to know we’re on the right track…♬
Lyrics, music and recorded by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_González.
The Director of Land Titles has required certain land title documents to be filed electronically. Phase One of Required E-filing is now in effect.
These documents are included in some of the most common transactions submitted to the Land Title Office:
- Form A – Transfer, Form B – Mortgage, Form C – Charge and Form C – Release effective January 16, 2012.
- Posting plans and associated applications and certificates effective July 1, 2011.
Detailed practice information about Required E-filing and EFS training resources are available as follows:
- Consult the Required E-filing webpage.
- Read the Director’s Requirements to File Land Title Forms Electronically (DR 06-11).
- Review Frequently Asked Questions about EFS and Required E-filing.
- Consult a checklist to get started using EFS.
Upon completion of all phases, most documents and plans will be filed electronically with a very small number filed manually in hardcopy form.
This blog post is to remind those readers in BC that help is at hand in order to move into mandatory e-filing.
Due to overwhelming demand, Dye & Durham have added an additional date for their complimentary Hints and Tips on Supported Land Title E-Filing Webinar. This additional date is February 2nd, 2012.
This webinar will include:
- Review all necessary land e-filing requirements;
- Hints and tips on how to prepare and submit e-forms to manage the e-filing process via ETRAY;
- Staying up to date with EFS bulletins and changes.
For registration details please click on the link below.
It is comforting to know that help is at hand with hints and tips when you need them to keep you on track!
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 31st, 2012 at 3:19 pm and is filed under Issues facing Law Firms, Law Firm Strategy, Technology, Tips, Trends. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
One Response to “e-Filing Help in BC” Leave a Reply