♫ I feel connected (connected), protected (protected),
it’s like you’re standing right with me all the time.
You hear me (you hear me), you’re near me (you’re near me),
and everything else is gonna be alright…♫
This is another “Leadership Moments” guest post by Beth Flynn of the Ohio Leadership Center.
This particular post is taken from A. Christiansen (2010): The 40:40 principle: Are you Really Connected or just Linked?: How to create powerful, inspiring conversations that lead to greater success. Bloomington, IN: WestBow Press.
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Use other people’s names when you talk to them.
- Be a good listener, encouraging others to talk about themselves.
- Ask others about their interests, rather than talking about your own.
- Make others feel important – and do so sincerely.
- Smile often (Christiansen, p. 44).
The 40:40 Principle is available on loan from the Ohio State University Leadership Center. Click here to borrow this resource or any other resource. Then click on the Spectrum http://leadershipcenter.osu.edu
Learn how the Ohio State University Leadership Center is inspiring others to take a leadership role that empowers the world. To begin receiving Leadership Moments please click on the OSLC’s Join Our Mailing List button.
Thanks Beth for another great leadership post on how all of us can become connected!